Moost is an ongoing project. It's ready to use, but be aware that we're still working on improving some of its parts.
Building big enterprise applications can feel like navigating a jungle of code. As the codebase grows, it often becomes a jumbled mess, making it harder and harder to understand and maintain. This is what we call "legacy code."
This is where Moost comes in. Moost helps developers tackle this issue and makes it easier to build strong, fast applications without falling into the legacy code trap.
Why does code become this big, difficult-to-manage mess? Here are a few reasons:
- Poor initial design: If you don't carefully plan how different parts of your application interact with each other, you can end up with a delicate system where changing one part can accidentally break another.
- Too many patches: Even a well-designed application can become confusing if it has too many small patches added on top of it.
- Complex structures: Some applications are just complex by nature, and this can make them challenging to work with.
When your code becomes fragile and everything is too interconnected, you know you're in trouble. The solution is to use good software design principles, like the SOLID principles, to keep your applications flexible and healthy in the long run.
There are solutions like
nestjs, inspired by
angular, that support good design principles using decorators and metadata. But
nestjs also has a module system that can be hard to understand.
The Moost Solution
nestjs, Moost supports good design principles, including SOLID. This helps you create applications that are easy to understand, flexible, and maintainable. But Moost offers some extra advantages:
- No unnecessary module abstractions: Moost keeps things simple and user-friendly by getting rid of confusing module abstractions.
- Reusable dependency injection: Moost uses @prostojs/infact, a powerful tool for managing dependencies.
- Metadata layer with @prostojs/mate: Moost includes a handy metadata layer, making it easier to work with metadata.
- Support for DTOs and validations: Moost helps you manage data transfer objects (DTOs) and validate your data with @prostojs/valido.
- Framework independence: Moost can work with
fastify, but it doesn't depend on them directly.
- Built on the Wooks Composables foundation: Moost is built on Wooks, so you can benefit from all the features offered by Wooks Composables.
In short, Moost gives you a solid foundation for building big, scalable server-side applications. It leverages the power of
@Metadata to make development easier and faster. With Moost, you can leave the legacy code behind and enjoy a smoother, more manageable coding experience!